Our client in LOS ANGELES, CA is looking for a Scientist I. This is a long term consulting position. If interested, Please apply to this ad or send your resume and contact details with the job # and job title in the subject line to email@example.com
Position: Scientist I
Location: LOS ANGELES, CA
Contact details: Shashank, email: Shashank@css-llc.net, phone: 646-517-7562
- Pharmaceutical Consumer & Personal Products Worldwide, a member of Pharmaceutical's Family of Companies is recruiting for a Scientist I located in Los Angeles, CA.
- Pharmaceutical Consumer Products Company, a Division of Pharmaceutical Consumer Companies, Inc., develops and markets baby care, wound care and skin care products that address the needs of consumers and health care professionals and incorporate the latest innovations.
- We are currently recruiting for a Scientist to support the Raw Material Center in Los Angeles, CA. The Scientist will support a broad range of consumer products such as Skin Care, Beauty Care, Baby Care, Oral Care, Wound Care and Women's Health Care.
- With minimum supervision, this individual is expected to execute technical aspects of projects (i.e. Raw Material Qualifications). The individual will manage projects and interface with internal and external business partners.
- The candidate will be expected to work in team environment with Operations, Marketing, Quality Assurance, and Research and Development (R&D) and others, as needed. Key job functions include lab scale batching, monitoring pilot and trial batches, executing stability studies, project management skills, communication skills, and excellent technical writing skills for reporting.
- This position will be located in Los Angeles, CA and may require up to 20% travel in North America.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS / RESPONSIBILITIES
- Emails, Meetings, Conference Calls 30%
- Writing, Submitting Change Controls (Desk function) 30%
- Monitoring Pilot/Trial batches, Executing Lab batches 35%
- Training 5%
- It is required that the candidate has a Bachelor s degree in a scientific field.
- A Minimum of 3 years experience in a Cosmetic Industry (R&D function preferred), such as skin care, skin cleansers, hair care, oral care, baby care and/or deodorant products is desired
- Possess some technical foundation of formulated products including emulsions, surfactants, suspensions, structured liquids and an understanding of material chemistry.
- Experience managing projects is required.
- Knowledge of GMP and FDA requirements is a plus.
- Computer Skills, Basic Lab Equipment (mixers, hot plates, etc), Testing Equipment (Viscosity, pH meter), Excel, Word, Powerpoint presentation, Acrobat Adobe
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Physical Demands of position: Stooping, Walking, Light Lifting (Up to 25 lbs.), Grasping, Hearing, Visual Acuity, Reaching, Pushing, Talking, Standing, Inside Environmental Conditions, Other
SUPERVISION / AUTHORITY
- Give no supervision to others. Under supervision, carries out general instructions in accordance with standard practice.
- Requires some initiative and judgment.
- Actions checked periodically.